VIAN, Oklahoma -- A two-month-old infant died in a Vian trailer fire Sunday morning.
The Sequoyah County Sheriff's Office says the infant was one of five children in the trailer at the time.
Sheriff Ron Lockhart says one of the children was playing with a cigarette lighter and lit some paper on fire while the mother was outside the trailer. The paper then fell on a nearby chair, spreading to the rest of the trailer.
Lockhart says of the five children, which ranged in age from 6 years to 2 months, only the two-month-old was not able to flee the trailer.
He says the mother attempted to gain access to the trailer but the fire and smoke kept her from entering the structure.
The mother suffered burns in her rescue attempt.
The sheriff's office, Oklahoma State Fire Marshall's Office and Vian Fire Department are investigating.