- 8 whole wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked.
- 1-2 lb extra lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 Tbs. Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
- 28oz jar low fat/low sugar spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms (rinsed and drained)
- 15oz fat free ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded skim milk mozzarella cheese
1. Spray inside of Crockpot with no-calorie cooking spray. Cover bottom of Crockpot using 4 noodles (break to fit)
2. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in Italian seasoning. Spread half of it over noodles in Crockpot.
3. In a separate bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella, parsley.
4. Layer ½ of the cheese mixture, ½ of sauce, ½ of mushrooms over the beef. Repeat layers.
5. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Nutritional Info: Servings Per Recipe: 8; Per Serving: Calories: 469.0; Total Fat: 21.0 g; Cholesterol: 76.2 mg; Sodium: 639.2 mg; Total Carbs: 31.3 g; Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g; Protein: 36.7 g
Servings: Makes 8 small servings or 6 large.