Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies
Monday, December 20th 2010, 9:57 am
By: News On 6
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar, dark-variety
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 large egg white(s)
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, about 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, oil and sugar. Add vanilla, salt and egg white; mix thoroughly to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda; stir into batter. Add chocolate chips to batter; stir to distribute evenly throughout.
- Drop rounded half-teaspoons of dough onto one or two large nonstick baking sheets, leaving a small amount of space between each cookie.
- Bake cookies until golden around edges, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack. Yields 2 cookies per serving.
Indulge your craving for an intense chocolate experience. Buy a 3-ounce bar of fine chocolate with a percentage of 75 or higher on the label. The percentage indicates the combined amount of cocoa bean and added cocoa butter in the chocolate. The higher the percentage, the greater the chocolate taste and the less sweet the product. Chop up the bar and use it instead of the chocolate chips (could affect PointsPlus values).