Space Heater To Blame For Turley Structure Fire


Monday, December 13th 2010, 7:47 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TURLEY, Oklahoma -- A space heater left on is being blamed for a Turley structure fire early Monday morning.

Turley firefighters were called out at about 3:30 a.m. to a structure in the 500 block of 65th Place North.

When they arrived, they saw flames and smoke.

Fire Chief Keith Ross says the owner of the structure lived next door in a trailer and was using the structure as a workshop. He had been working there on Sunday afternoon and apparently left the space heater on when he left for the day.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly.