Tulsa County Homeowners With Storm Damage Need To Contact County Assessor

Friday, May 21st 2010, 9:07 am
By: News On 6


TULSA, OK -- Tulsa County Assessor Ken Yazel says any homeowner whose home sustained structural damage to property from recent storms may qualify for a reduction in the assessed value of the property for tax purposes.

In a news release from Yazel's office, damage should be reported by June 1, 2010 for any adjustments to be made.

To report damage, and request an inspection, property owners are asked to call the Tulsa County Assessor's Office at 918-596-5100.

To process the request, property owners will be asked for their name, address of the property, account number of the property if known, and a daytime telephone number.

Once reported, an appraiser will be sent to the property to inspect the damage and request adjustments to the value for the year 2010.

Structural damage is limited to the improvements on the property and does not include such things as trees and fences.

5/17/2010 Related story: Cleaning Up From Last Week's Storm Continues In Tulsa