Chicken Parmesan Piccolinos
Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 11:52 am
By: News On 6
8 oz breast split chicken breast, pounded thin (1/4 inch)
* Kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
1 beaten egg
2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
2 oz olive oil
4 oz hot pomodoro sauce
1 oz grated romano cheese
2 slices mozzarella
4 slices Italian mini sandwich bread
- Season chicken on both sides with the kosher salt and black pepper. Dip chicken breast into beaten egg and then coat with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Heat olive oil, medium heat in a Teflon-coated skillet. Make sure the oil is hot before placing breaded chicken into the pan otherwise breading will absorb oil and not brown properly. Sauté chicken breast on both sides until golden brown.
- Place chicken on a baking pan. Spread the pomodoro sauce evenly over the chicken and sprinkle with romano cheese, and top with mozzarella.
- Melt cheese under broiler until lightly browned.
- Cut to size and serve on Italian mini sandwich bread.