TULSA, OK -- A one-month-old was accidentally left unattended in a hot vehicle for 20 minutes Sunday afternoon.
Officers with the Tulsa Police Department said the baby boy was left in a vehicle at the 71st Street Super Target store.
Cold, wet blankets were used to cool the baby, police said.
EMSA officials said the baby is expected to be fine, but transported the child to a Tulsa hospital for observation.
Officers said the baby was left in the vehicle while his mother went inside Target to shop. Officers said it was a miscommunication between the baby's parents.
"(The mother) has another two-year-old that had gone with the father to a park I guess a few minutes before she came to Target. She thought he was going to take both kids and I guess in the hurry of her day of getting groceries and running errands, she got preoccupied," said Tulsa Police Officer Jeremy Ballard.
Ballard said it was an accident and no charges will be filed.
"She just forgot," Ballard said. "She's lucky she doesn't have a dead infant."
Ballard urges parents to be careful with kids in the car, especially during hot, summer months.
"It's June and it'll get up to 97, 98 degrees and a car sitting for just a short amount of time is gonna heat up real fast - 120, 130, 140 degrees. So, it doesn't take long to render a child brain dead from the heat," Ballard said.