Home Struck By Lightning


Friday, May 2nd 2008, 6:34 am
By: News On 6


A south Tulsa home suffers minor damage after lightning strikes overnight. 

Around 2:30 a.m. Friday, the family was watching TV in their home at 118th and Riverside Drive when they smelled smoke.  They went to check it out and noticed two holes in the roof from where the lightning had hit the home. 

The lightning caused some electrical outlets, the heater and air conditioning unit to stop working.  But despite the damage, the homeowners were able to find humor in the situation.

"We'll I got a hole in one a week ago out the Golf Club of America. Hole number 15. I was kidding around with my buddies that I got a better chance of getting struck by lightning now. So I guess it happened," said Tim Kizer. 

The Tulsa Fire Department went out to the house to check on the damage and make sure everything was safe.