Fire Damages Apartment


Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 7:39 am
By: News On 6


Quick thinking by a Tulsa girl saves the life of a neighbor involved in a fire.

Tulsa firefighters were called to the Pomeroy Park Apartments at 68th and Lewis around 6:20 a.m. Tuesday.  An upstairs apartment was on fire. 

The 12-year-old heard a smoke detector and sprang into action.  Brittney tells the News On 6 after hearing a loud beeping, she went outside to check and found an upstairs apartment on fire. 

The victim was treated by EMSA for smoke inhalation and fire officials say he will be okay. 

Fire officials say Brittney not only saved the man's life, she also helped keep the fire from spreading. 

Fire officials say food left on the stove was the cause of the fire.  The victim has a history of diabetic problems.