Man Rescued In House Fire


Saturday, November 24th 2007, 6:12 pm
By: News On 6


Tulsa firefighters rescued a man trapped under his home near 12th and College after it caught fire Saturday afternoon. Officials say the homeowner was working underneath the home when a small fire broke out in the bathroom.

The man's family was inside at the time and called for help. When firefighters arrived they were able to free the man and put out the fire before it could do any major damage.

Fire investigators say a faulty valve in a gas wall heater ignited the blaze.

“This is a great example to remind people to make sure that their heating appliances are up to date,” said Michael Baker of the Tulsa Fire Department. “Make sure before it's too late that these things are in working order before you start kicking them on and we have a fire like we did here today.

The house sustained a few thousand dollars in damage, but no one was injured in the blaze.

Watch the video: Man Rescued In House Fire