Schools Rethinking Access Policies After Students Victimized


Friday, November 23rd 2007, 9:51 am
By: News On 6


TULSA, Okla. (AP) Administrators in the Tulsa and Union school districts are reviewing policies on who has access to schools after two high-profile cases this month involving student victims.

On November 6th, a 6-year-old girl at Tulsa's Wright Elementary School told police that a man she didn't know groped her in a school restroom. A man who had been admitted to the school building to visit with his nephew's teacher has been charged with one count of lewd molestation in the case.

In another case on November 9th, 13-year-old Cori Baker disappeared after leaving Union Alternative School with her sister's boyfriend. The girl is presumed dead and the boyfriend is being held on a first-degree murder complaint.

A spokeswoman for Tulsa Public Schools says it is considering making changes to its policies that would require all visitors to check in at the office and wear a badge.

Watch the video: Improving Student Safety

Related stories:

11/12/2007 Search On For Missing Teen

11/13/07 Police Make An Arrest In Disappearance Of Missing Teen

11/13/2007 Search For Missing Girl To Resume Wednesday Morning

11/14/2007 Search For Missing 13-Year-Old Continues

11/14/2007 Sister Of Missing Girl Pleads For Help

11/15/2007 Family Of Missing Teen Holds Vigil

11/16/2007 Volunteers Search For Missing Teen

11/16/2007 Teammates To Honor Cori Baker

11/17/2007 Cori Baker's Team Honors Her As The Search Continues

11/19/2007 Police Move Search For Missing Teen

11/20/2007 Firefighters Join Search For Missing Teen