Sprinkler malfunction causes early morning wakeup for some Tulsa hotel guests


Tuesday, February 3rd 2004, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


It was a wet way to wake up for some people staying at the Renaissance Hotel in south Tulsa Tuesday morning.

Around 5:30 AM, a sprinkler head broke in a room on the third floor. That sent gallons on water all the way down to first floor. The hotel was evacuated until firefighters were sure there was no fire.

People staying in about a half dozen rooms were affected, including the room where the sprinkler broke. Tulsa Fire Captain Larry Bowles: “the room that the sprinkler head malfunctioned in was occupied and he said he woke up with the sprinkler head going off so kind of a rude awakening on a morning like this.”

No one was hurt. The hotel is looking into why the sprinkler head malfunctioned.