Inhofe says government has obligated $2.5 million for tornado cleanup


Thursday, June 5th 2003, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


US Senator Jim Inhofe says the federal government has obligated 2.5 million dollars to help Oklahoma pay for the cleanup of last month's tornados.

Inhofe says the money is being made available through the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

FEMA Director Mike Brown says his agency is committed to helping communities recover from the disaster.

FEMA will cover 75 percent of the project's estimated 3.4 million-dollar cost. State and local resources are expected to cover the remaining 25 percent.