No one injured in Tulsa house fire


Monday, May 19th 2003, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


An electrical problem with a garage door opener is believed to have sparked an early morning fire in west Tulsa.

Firefighters were called to the home at 2814 West 61st Place around 7:30 AM. Three adults and six kids were in the home at the time, they all managed to make it out safely; despite the fact the home had no smoke detectors.

Officials say the construction of the home made it difficult to put out the fire and wore crews out. Tulsa Fire Captain Carl Long, “heavy intense heat and smoke, they couldn't see anything. They were in there for probably 20 minutes so they're probably exhausted right now.”

The home sustained heavy damage. The cost is estimated at $75,000.