No one injured in early morning house fire


Tuesday, April 1st 2003, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


A close call for a woman and her children, when a fire swept through their Tulsa home early Tuesday.

The home is located in the 3300 block of East King Place. Fire officials believe the fire was started around one o'clock Tuesday morning by a candle in a kids room. A woman was at home with her three children at the time. Investigators say a smoke detector and quick thinking by the kids may have saved their lives.

Acting District Fire Chief Ronny Wilson, “2 of the children came and woke her up, said there was a fire and they all evacuated the home.” No one was hurt.

One room of the home was gutted; damage is estimated at about $10,000.