Fairland woman dies in house fire


Wednesday, March 26th 2003, 12:00 am
By: News On 6



(Fairland-AP) -- A Fairland woman died and her husband was injured when fire destroyed their home in the northeastern Oklahoma town.

The body of Tina Fisher was fund in a ground floor bathroom of the two story home early Tuesday morning. Bill Fisher suffered burns to his feet and a dislocated shoulder as he escaped out a back door.

State Fire Marshal investigator Bob Green says the fire likely began in the electrical wiring in the ceiling of the home.

Fairland Fire Chief Bill Lunsford says the death is the first fire fatality in the town just south of Miami in more than six years.