Tulsa man is critical after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning


Thursday, November 2nd 2000, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


(Greenwood Village, Colorado-AP) -- A Tulsa man is one of two people in critical condition after apparently suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning in a Denver, Colorado, area hotel.

Authorities say a 32-year-old woman and a 30-year-old man were found in separate rooms at the La Quinta Inn and Suites Tech Center yesterday.

Officials were not releasing the victim's names, but the Tulsa World reports that the man's roommate in Tulsa confirms he is Eric Potteiger, who was on a business trip.

Both victims were placed in a hyperbaric chamber, which forces oxygen into the lungs.

A spokeswoman for South Metro Fire and Rescue says an improperly vented pool heater caused the carbon monoxide level to rise in the hotel.