Billboard Worker Electrocuted


Wednesday, March 28th 2007, 11:33 am
By: News On 6


McALESTER, Okla. (AP) -- A Durant man died after being electrocuted while working on a billboard sign near McAlester, police said.

Alan Vanzandt, 41, was changing a billboard sign when he was electrocuted by a nearby power line, said McAlester police Captain Shawn Smith.

The incident happened Tuesday evening.

A metal rod that Vanzandt removed from the sign likely came too close to the electric line, causing an electrical arc, Smith said.

Vanzandt was dead at the scene, Smith said.