Monday, December 17th 2007, 2:46 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 4 servings
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk2 chicken breast halves (about 1#) skinned
2 chicken drumsticks (about 1/2#) skinned
2 chicken thighs (about 1/2#) skinned
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal.
Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3. Combine flour, salt, peppers, and cumin in a second large zip-top plastic
bag. Remove chicken from first bag, discarding marinade. Add chicken, one piece at a time, to flour mixture, shaking bag to coat chicken. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off excess flour, lightly coat each chicken piece with cooking spray. Return chicken, one piece at time, to flour mixture, shaking bag to coat chicken. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off excess flour.
4. Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 35 minutes or until done, turning after 20 minutes.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Calories 263; Fat 4.4 g (1.2 g sat); Protein 38.4 g; Carb 14.9 g; Chol 110 mg; Sodium 754 mg; Calc 73 mg
- Saint Francis Hospital