Nut And Honey Granola
Monday, December 17th 2007, 12:31 pm
By: News On 6
- Tuesday, September 07, 2004
- 16 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 1 tablespoon canola oil1/2 cup light maple syrup
1/3 cup honey
1 medium orange, juiced
4 cups old-fashion rolled oats
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small saucepan heat oil, syrup, honey and orange juice, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl combine oats, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Stir until well combined.
Add the syrup mixture continuing to stir until thoroughly coated.
Spread granola onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes then stir and continue to bake an addition 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and add raisins.
Let cool and serve.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 180 calories, 30g carbohydrate, 3.5g protein, 6g fat, 0.6g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 2.8g dietary fiber, 26mg sodium
- Original recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD