Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Monday, December 17th 2007, 11:00 am
News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- Appetizers-Side Dish
- 4 servings, approximately 1 1/2 cups each
- 3 cups low-sodium fat-free chicken broth1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon parsley
1/4 cup light margarine, melted
1/2 cup flour
2 cups fat-free milk
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups cubed potatoes, approximately 1 pound
2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
4 tablespoons light cheese
4 slices ready to serve bacon, cooked crisp
4 green onions, diced
- 1. In a large saucepan bring broth, water, oregano and parsley to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Add margarine.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine flour, milk and pepper. Slowly add milk mixture to saucepan and whisk until smooth. Add potatoes. Cook over low to medium heat stirring often to insure soup does not stick or burn.
3. Cook until potatoes are tender.
4. Garnish each bowl of soup with 1/2 tablespoon sour cream, 1 tablespoon cheese, 1 slice of bacon crumbled and 1 green onion.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 240 calories, 30g carbohydrate, 14g protein, 7g fat, 2.6g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 3.8g dietary fiber, 684mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD and Jennifer Parham, RD, LD