Fresh Blueberry Pie
Thursday, December 13th 2007, 10:53 am
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American Dessert
- 8 servings
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust1 egg white, beaten
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup water
4 cups fresh blueberries, divided use
3/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups light whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush crust with beaten egg white. Bake 5 minutes. Set aside.
In a heavy saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, water and 1 cup blueberries. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened and clear. Continue to cook 1-2 minutes. Cool slightly.
Stir in butter flavoring, lemon jjice and remaining blueberries. Pour into crust. Chill 3 hours. Spread whipped topping over pie before serving.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 240 calories, 48g carbohydrate, 1.5g protein, 5.3g fat, 2g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 2.5g dietary fiber, 162mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Jamie Hambrick and Janet Potts, RD, LD