Cinnamon Apple Cake
Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 2:33 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 12 Servings
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided1/2 cup stick margarine, softened
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
6 ounces block style fat free cream cheese, softened
4 egg whites
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups chopped peeled Rome apple (about 2 large)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat sugar, margarine, vanilla, and cream cheese at medium speed of a mixer until well blended (about 4 minutes). Add eggs, beat well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
3. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Combine 2 Tablespoons cinnamon mixture and apple in a bowl, and stir apple mixture into batter. Pour batter into an 8-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Cool the cake completely on a wire rack, and cut using a serrated knife.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Revised from Cooking Light, October 1997