Chicken & Roasted Red Pepper Baguettes
Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 10:01 am
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- Serves 6- Can prepare several hours in advance
- 1 Saint Louis Bread French baguette, cut into 5 or 6 pieces and halved4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 large red bell peppers
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
3 tbsp plain yogurt
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1/3 cup chopped fresh arrugula
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
additional fresh arrugula leaves or field greens
- Mix together the dressing ingredients: the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, chopped arrugula and chopped basil. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
Blacken the red bell peppers under the broiler, turning until all sides are completed. Remove from oven and place in a plastic bag. Close bag until peppers cool. Remove from bag and gently slide off the blackened peel from the red peppers, removing seeds as well. Slice into 1 inch strips.
In a large nonstick frying pan, heat olive oil. Add chicken and saute until chicken is cooked through..about 5 minutes a side. Salt 7 pepper to taste. Cool and cut into slices.
To assemble the baguette sandwich: spread some of the dressing on each side of the french bread. Then layer chicken and roasted peppers. Add a layer of the greens and top with baguette top. Wrap in a plastic wrap or foil and chill until time to eat.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Sue Stees