Cheesy Southwestern Corn Bread
Monday, December 10th 2007, 6:30 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- 16 servings
- Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
1 can (14 3/4 ounce) creamed-style corn, undrained or whole kernel corn, drained
½ cup fat-free sour cream
½ cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ cup salsa
¼ cup chopped pickled jalapeño slices
2 packages (8 ½ ounce each) corn muffin mix
1 cup light shredded cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9-x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine corn, sour cream, egg substitute, cumin, salsa and jalapeno. Stir until well blended. Blend in corn muffin mix and cheese.
3. Pour into prepared baking dish. Let rest 5 minutes. Bake 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Nutrition Facts:
- : 177 calories, 27g carbohydrate, 5.9 g protein, 4.9g fat, 1.7g saturated fat, 3.1mg cholesterol, 2.6g dietary fiber, 490mg sodium
Exchanges per serving: 1 ½ starch, 1 fat
- Original recipe by Rachel Cly Vincent, RD, LD, Siegfried Health Ctr., St. John Medical Ctr.