Monday, December 10th 2007, 5:04 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 12 servings, 1 cupcake each
- Butter-flavored cooking spray1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1 cup egg substitute
1 cup sugar substitute (made from sucralose and maltdextrin)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1 /2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 /2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
12 tablespoons whipped cream cheese frosting (4.5g fat per 2 tablespoon serving)
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper muffin liners in 12 muffin cup tins; spray liners with butter-flavored cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Combine next 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth; set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine next 6 ingredients. Slowly add flour mixture to the egg mixture until all dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in raisins and carrots.
4. Spoon batter into prepared tins. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Frost each cupcake with 1 tablespoon icing; sprinkle with pecans.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 166 calories, 28g carbohydrate, 3.2g protein, 4.4g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0.5mg cholesterol, 1.3g dietary fiber, 123mg sodium
- Original recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD