Monday, December 10th 2007, 4:56 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 2 servings
- 2 tsp canola oil or nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2 flour tortillas or pita bread rounds
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 medium tomato, sliced
2 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Have a baking sheet ready.
Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and green pepper. Cook 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently. Place tortillas on baking sheet. Spread onions and peppers evenly over tortillas. Sprinkle with oregano and garlic powder. Arrange tomato slices over onion mixture. Top with cheese.
Bake 12 minutes, or until tomatoes are hot and cheese is melted.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 259 calories, 11 g protein, 10 g fat, 32 g carb, 348 mg sodium, 16 mg cholesterol. Nonstick cooking spray instead of oil: 214 calories, 5 g fat.
- Julie Free, RD/LD, St. Francis Hospital