Brandied Pear Tarts
Monday, December 10th 2007, 4:17 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 12 servings
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
Butter flavored cooking spray
1 cup sugar
3 medium pears, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup brandy
3 cups fat-free, sugar-free vanilla ice cream, divided use
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Unfold pastry and cut into 3 strips along fold marks. Cut each strip into 4 rectangles. Place 2-inches apart on baking sheet and spray lightly with butter flavored cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
3. In a large skillet over medium-heat cook sugar, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Stir in pears and cinnamon and continue to cook, stirring often, until tender. Remove pears with a slotted spoon. Reserving sugar and cinnamon mixture in skillet.
4. Stir brandy into sugar mixture and simmer, stirring often, 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
5. Split each cooked pastry into 2 layers. Place half of pastry on serving plate, top with pears and remaining pastry half. Top with 1/4 cup ice cream and drizzle with 1 to 2 teaspoons of warm brandy mixture.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 229 calories, 35g carbohydrate, 3.1g protein, 5.5g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0.0mg cholesterol, 1.5g dietary fiber, 125mg sodium
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat
- Adapted recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD, Siegfried Health Center, St. John Medical Center