BLT Layered Salad
Monday, December 10th 2007, 3:53 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- 8 servings, approximately 1 heaping cup each
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream1 cup fat-free mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bag (10 ounces) romaine salad blend
6-8 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 package (12 ounces) turkey bacon (1.5g fat per serving), cooked crisp and crumbled
3 cups fat-free herb seasoned croutons
- 1. In a medium mixing bowl combine first 7 ingredients (sour cream through garlic); set aside.
2. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish layer lettuce, bacon and tomatoes. Spread mayonnaise mixture over tomato layer. Cover and chill salad for at least 2 hours.
3. Sprinkle with croutons and serve immediately.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 170 calories, 20g carbohydrate, 12.4g protein, 2.3g fat, 0.7g saturated fat, 28mg cholesterol, 1.1 g dietary fiber, 950mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly, RD,LD, Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org