Monday, December 10th 2007, 3:23 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- Serves 8
- 1 1/2 cups assorted whole berries
1 cup flour
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or Splenda sugar substitute
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (1.5%fat)
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with
nontick cooking spray. IN a small bowl, combine the berries;set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, the baking
soda, ginger, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the
buttermilk, oil, and eggs. Stir until no dry flour is visible.
3. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Spoon the berries on top and
sprinkle with the reamining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake for 35 to minutes, or
until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on
a wire rack. Remove from the pan, transfer to a plate and serve.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Julie Free, RD/LD, Saint Francis Hospital, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org