Oklahoma Aquarium In Jenks To Reopen May 8 With New Precautions
Wednesday, May 6th 2020, 9:51 am
JENKS, Oklahoma -
The Oklahoma Aquarium says they will reopen Friday with some new regulations in order to keep visitors safe and healthy.
Aquarium officials say they is taking the following precautions:
- The aquarium will remain open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week, with last tickets sold at 7:45 p.m. Visits should be expected to last approximately one hour due to a new, guided pathway through the aquarium.
- online ticket sales will only be offered for 15 people to enter during timed slots every 15 minutes. Please visit okaquarium.org to make a reservation.
- Members, are asked to log in to your online account at okaquarium.org to make a reservation.
- Re-admission will not be allowed, so guests may enter during their reserved time slots.
- For the safety of guests and staff, face masks are encouraged when possible.
- A safe path through the aquarium has been created to ensure social distancing.
- Touch tanks will remain open during the day.
The following will remain temporarily closed:
- Beaver and otter exhibits
- Upper part of sea turtle exhibit
- Coin-operated rides and games
- Playground and indoor crawl-through spaces
- Water fountains
- Feed stands
- Feed shows will be temporarily postponed.
Café and Gift Shop:
- The café will be open with a limited menu.
- The gift shop will be open, but strollers or wheelchairs will not be available for rent.