Resident Likely Saved Lives, Firefighters Say


Tuesday, February 11th 2020, 1:14 am
By: News On 6


Tulsa Firefighters said one person has died due to carbon monoxide poisoning at a Tulsa apartment  complex. 

Firefighters said this happened at the Woodland Park apartments near 73rd Street and Garnett Tuesday morning. 

Firefighters said a resident called 911 around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday morning saying her Carbon Monoxide alarm was going off.


When firefighters arrived, they used their CO readers and determined levels were unsafe; so, they evacuated the building.

Later, they found the garage which had levels around 500 parts-per-million; crews said they would evacuate a building if the numbers were in the teens. So, these numbers were extremely high.

Firefighters said the resident, Eden Ecklund, who called them did the right thing and likely saved a lot of lives.

"One of the firemen said if I wouldn't have called we all could be dead right now in our apartments because no one else's alarms were going off, just mine" said Ecklund. 

Firefighters said this is a reminder to have a carbon monoxide detector and always check to make sure it’s working.

 

 

 

 

","published":"2020-02-11T07:14:22.000Z","updated":"2020-02-11T12:35:32.000Z","summary":"Tulsa Firefighters said one person has died due to carbon monoxide poisoning at a Tulsa apartment  complex. 

","affiliate":{"_id":"5c784a0c4961cb23ad330098","callSign":"kotv","origin":"https://www.newson6.com"},"contentClass":"News","createdAt":"2020-05-20T20:35:25.177Z","updatedAt":"2020-05-20T20:35:25.177Z","__v":0,"show":true,"link":"/story/5ec5948d90302e5852fae53b/resident-likely-saved-lives-firefighters-say","hasSchedule":false,"id":"5ec5948d90302e5852fae53b"};