Michelle Bonicelli from Tulsa's OSU extension center joined News On 6 today to show us how to make an egg roll in a bowl!
• 1 lb. ground turkey breast
• 1 sweet onion, diced
• 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
• 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
• 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
• 1 tsp. ground ginger
• 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
• 1/2 cup grated or “matchstick” carrots
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce (optional)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook. Stir continually until no
longer pink. Drain & return to skillet.
2. Add diced onions, sesame oil, and rice vinegar to the skillet. Cook and stir for a few more minutes,
until onion is tender.
3. Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce (optional), coleslaw mix, and carrots to skillet. Stir and
cook, for about 5-7 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted.
4. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste.