Michelle Bonicelli with OSU Extension Center Tulsa County shares a tasty salad recipe.
• 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
• 1/2 cup pecans, broke into pieces
• 1 apple, (used Fuji apple) cored and thinly sliced
• 1/3 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
Honey Mustard Dressing
• 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
• 2 Tbsp. honey
• 1/3 cup olive oil (more if needed)
• 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp. onion powder
• 1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Brussel Sprout Prep.: Cut off the ends of the sprouts and any browning outer leaves. Shred them in the food processor using the slicing blade or slice them as thinly as possible with a sharp knife. Set aside in a large bowl.
2. Honey Mustard Dressing: In a small bowl, first combine the vinegar and mustard; season with salt and pepper and add garlic and onion powder. Then slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking the ingredients together. Now whisk in the honey.
3. Adding it all together: Add cranberries, apples, pecans and red onion to the bowl of shredded Brussel sprouts. Add the Honey Mustard dressing and mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.