Michelle Bonicelli shares a recipe for roasted sweet potatoes with an orange vinaigrette.
2 lbs. Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4" cubes
1Tbsp. Olive Oil, for Sweet Potatoes
1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
3/4 tsp. Salt, for Sweet Potatoes
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1 Orange, divided in two. (First ½, juice for vinaigrette. Second ½, peel & chop, for topping)
1 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or Sunflower Oil, for vinaigrette
1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
1 ½ tsp. Honey • 1/4 tsp. Salt, for dressing
1 dash Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbsp. Dried Cranberries
1/4 cup Feta or Goat cheese, crumbled
1 Scallion, minced
2 Tbsp. Toasted Pine Nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Arrange sweet potato cubes on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with cumin, salt, & black pepper. Stir with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
3. Place baking sheet on the middle rack of oven.
4. Roast sweet potatoes for 30-40 minutes, or until fork tender and lightly brown. (stir once halfway through cooking time)
5. When sweet potatoes are done, (tender and lightly brown) remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette.
6. Whisk orange juice, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, apple cider, honey, ¼ tsp. salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl until well blended. Taste and add additional salt and honey, if desired.
7. Arrange roasted sweet potatoes on a serving platter. Drizzle evenly with vinaigrette. Top with chopped orange, dried cranberries, cheese, minced scallion, and optional pine nuts.