Smoked Salmon Everything Toast
Monday, September 13th 2021, 12:58 pm
By: Houston Hunt
- 1 slice Panera Everything Bread
- 1/4 tsp. dill, fresh, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. capers, drained, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. red onion, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. chive & onion cream cheese
- 4-6 slices cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 oz. smoked salmon, sliced
- 1 radish, julienned into thin matchsticks
- 1 pinch flaky sea salt
- Toast the slice of Everything bread and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine dill, capers, onion and lemon zest.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread cream cheese on toasted bread, top with smoked salmon, cucumber slices and radish, sprinkle dill-caper mixture over the cucumbers, and finish with a pinch of sea salt.
Or, Try This
- Make it your own by swapping in your favorite cream cheese flavor or add another piece of toast for a full sandwich.
- Lemon zest (the thin yellow outer layer of the peel) brings out the zingy brightness of lemon. One lemon yields about 2 tbsp. of lemon zest. To zest a lemon, a microplane or citrus zester is easiest. If you don’t have one, try the smallest side of a box grater. Avoid grating the white pith underneath, as it can be bitter. Refrigerate the lemon for juice in another meal.