Welcome to the Cooking Corner! This Joe Davidson from Oklahoma Joe's joined us at Noon to show us this "Perfectly Smoked Turkey Breast."
2 boneless turkey breasts- 2-3lbs each
7 oz bottle of Oklahoma Joe’s Original Rub Seasoning
1 stick of butter
1 pint of apple juice
· Preheat your Oklahoma Joe Smoker to 275 degrees using charcoal, mesquite, and pecan chunks, or use applewood pellets in your Oklahoma Joe Pellet Grill.
· Lightly coat the turkey breasts with the Oklahoma Joe’s Original Rub seasoning
· Place turkey breast on your smoker, cooking with indirect heat and smoke
· In a saucepan, combine the apple juice and butter and heat until the butter is melted
· Every 30 minutes, baste the turkey with the butter and apple juice mixture
· Cooking time will be approximately 1.5-2 hours
· Monitor the internal temperate of the turkey breasts and remove them from the smoker when they reach 160 degrees
· Let rest for 10 minutes
· Slice and serve with your favorite side dishes!