The holidays are upon us and maybe you're looking to try a new recipe.
Natalie Mikles from Made in Oklahoma joined the 6 In The Morning team on Thursday with some tasty cookie recipes.
Eggnog Snowball Cookies
1. Toast pecans by placing in a single layer on a cookie sheet and baking in a 300-degree oven for 15 minutes. Watch closely to make sure they don’t burn. Set aside, and allow to cool. Chop pecans into pieces.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
3. Cream the butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar with a mixer for 2 minutes, until creamy. Add the eggnog, and blend for 1 minute. Blend in vanilla. Add the flour ½ cup at a time and mix until the dough starts to come together, about 3-4 minutes. Fold in the pecans.
4. The dough will be firm. Form 1-inch balls with a dough scoop or with your hands. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until done. Check for a light brown bottom on the cookie.
5. Allow cookies to cool, then roll in powdered sugar.
Southern Roots Sisters Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat softened butter with Southern Roots’ bag number one for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Add egg and vanilla, and beat. Gradually add bag number two, and beat until soft dough forms.
2. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Allow to cool 1 minute before removing from the cookie sheet. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container.