Cooking Corner: Beef Chimichurri Steak
Monday, November 14th 2022, 5:11 pm
News On 6
TULSA, Okla. -
Welcome back to the Air Comfort Solutions Kitchen with Carolyn Piguet from Piguet's Prime Time.
On Monday, she shared how to make a beef chimichurri steak using flank steak.
For more recipes like this one, CLICK HERE.
Ingredients & recipe
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- In a small food processor pulse the shallot, parsley, oregano, garlic cloves, 1 1/2 teaspoonkosher salt and pepper until combined, but still able to see the ingredients clearly (slightly chunky).
- In a small bowl add the red wine vinegar, olive oil red pepper flakes and the parsley mixture. Stir until combined**
- Pat the steak dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- To grill the steak: Preheat grill to medium-high. Place steak on grill and cook to preferred internal temperature, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Cooking time will vary due to thickness of your steak.)
- To broil the steak in the oven: Preheat broiler to high. Place steak on a sheet pan and cook, turning once halfway through, until cooked to preferred internal temperature, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Cooking time will vary due to thickness of your steak.)
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Serve with chimichurri sauce.
*The sauce will store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
** Make about 1 cup