1 prepared 9-inch (6 ounces) graham cracker crumb crust
- CHOOSE one that's TRANS FAT FREE
2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
1, 8 ounce package of fat free cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
½ cup splenda (sucralose)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ to 2 cups frozen strawberries (sliced)
5 tablespoons strawberry jelly
2 tsp powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Place evaporated skim milk, cream cheese, egg, splenda, flour, and vanilla extract into blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into crust.
3. Cover pie with foil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Remove pie from oven and allow pie to cool for 10-15 minutes before applying toppings.
4. Spread 2 Tbsp strawberry jelly over the pie.
5. Slice frozen strawberries and arrange on top of pie.
6. Combine remaining strawberry jelly and powdered sugar in a small glass bowl and melt jelly in the microwave.
7. Drizzle pie with sugar jelly mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Yield: 1 cheesecake
Nutrition information per serving (1/8 cake): 220 calories, 8 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate, 7 g total fat with 1.6 g saturated fat, 30 mg cholesterol, <1 124 274 g dietary fiber, mg sodium, calcium< p>
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 dairy, 1 fat
Source: Recipe by Marianne Wetherill, RD/LD St. John Medical Center1>