Bacon and Brie Cheese Fondue
4 oz (v) White Wine Base
1 each 1 oz Baby Brie Round
1 tsp Bacon, Onion, Mustard Mixture
6 oz (w) Gruyére/Swiss Cheese Blend
1 squeeze Lemon Half
5 turns Pepper, freshly ground
2 tsps Scallions, sliced
1. Add the white wine base to the liner.
2. Using the tongs, place the Brie into the base and smash 3 times with the fork. The Brie should flatten to the bottom of the liner. The objective is not to break the Brie apart completely; there should still be pockets of Brie in the finished cheese. Leave the fork in the liner.
3. Add bacon, onion and mustard mixture and stir using the fork for 30 seconds.
4. Add 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.
5. Add and 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.
6. Add the remaining 1/3 of cheese and mix thoroughly until all the cheese is melted and incorporated.
7. Use a whipping motion to fluff up the cheese.
8. Squeeze the juice from a lemon half into cheese and add pepper. Fold these ingredients into the cheese using the fork. Remove fork and place in bowl (do not scrape against liner).
9. Sprinkle scallions over the surface of the cheese fondue using a demi spoon.