Chef Oje’s Salmon Lau Lau
Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 12:10 PM CDT
- 4 large leaves of Swiss chard with stems
- 6-8 oz. of chicken thigh or leg quarter, salmon filets or pork
- Pinch of sea salt
- Banana leaf for wrapping (2 ti leaf if available)
- Fill a large steamer with water and bring to a boil. Sprinkle the protein with the sea salt.
- Portion a 12-inch square piece of banana leaf on a flat surface.
- On another work surface, stack 3 to 4 Swiss chard leaves. Place the salmon onto the center of the chard leaves. Wrap the salmon up securely with the chard leaves, folding the sides over the filling first, and then roll them up like a burrito. Place the bundle in the center of the banana leaf and wrap it up like a little gift. Then tie the center of the leaf together with string.