Super-Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
TULSA, Oklahoma - Super-Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep: 12min | Cook: 20min | Serves: 8 | SmartPoints: 2
• 2 tsp salted butter
• 1 large uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
• 1 1/2 tsp table salt, divided
• 64 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 4 oz uncooked pasta, small shape such as ditalini (about 1 cup)
• 10 oz frozen mixed vegetables, such as peas, carrots, corn and green beans
• 15 oz canned tomatoes, petite cut, rinsed and drained
• 6 oz cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), chopped
• 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1/4 cup(s) chives, fresh, chopped (optional)
Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
Add broth and increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta, frozen vegetables and tomatoes; cook until pasta is done, about 7 minutes.
Stir in chicken, cheese, lemon juice, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and chives; cook 1 more minute to heat through. Yields about 1 1/2 cups soup per serving.