Natalie Mikles with Made In Oklahoma stopped by with some back-to-school breakfast recipes.
Lunchbox Applesauce Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups Shawnee Mills all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 stick plus 3 tablespoons Braum’s unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup Gina’s Southern Style apple spread
1 cup Miller Pecan Co. pecans, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line regular-size muffin pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and brown sugar, then add butter, whisking until thoroughly combined. Stir in applesauce and apple spread. Then, gently fold in flour mixture. Fold in pecans. Pour batter into muffin cups.
4. Combine topping ingredients, then sprinkle on top of each muffin. Bake muffins until golden, about 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
1 cup Frozen Bananas
2 tbsp Andrew's Honey
1 cup Dairy Pure, Whole Milk
1/2 cup Hiland Vanilla Yogurt
2 Cups frozen strawberries, peaches, blackberries, mango, or blueberries
1/2 cup Devine Water
1. Drop the bananas and honey into the blender, add the milk and pulse. Add the yogurt and fruits, and pulse adding water to adjust the consistency.
Tip: If you are freezing your own fruits you may want to try pre-portioning the washed fruits into sandwich baggies and flattening them on a sheet tray in the freezer.
1 package Shawnee Mills pizza crust mix
1 pound Greer’s Ranch House Sausage
1 teaspoon Head Country All-Purpose Championship seasoning
1 cup diced bell pepper
1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
¼ cup Hiland or Braum’s milk
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 slices Bar-S bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Prepare Shawnee Mills pizza crust according to package directions. Press dough into pizza pan, and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large sauté pan, add sausage, Head Country All-Purpose Championship Seasoning and bell peppers. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sausage is browned.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with Hiland or Braum's milk.
4. Spread cooked sausage and bell peppers over pizza crust. Sprinkle with cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Carefully pour egg mixture over the sausage and cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with cooked and crumbled Bar-S bacon.","published":"2019-08-19T14:49:35.000Z","updated":"2019-08-19T16:00:53.000Z","summary":"Natalie Mikles with Made In Oklahoma stopped by with some back-to-school breakfast recipes.