A Ravia girl was electrocuted Wednesday while trying to rescue a pet.
"They're like their own little sports team. Always got all the kids," said Brandi Miller, who has known 4-year-old Lily Minyard's family for 10 years.
Miller told KXII, the CBS affiliate in Sherman, Texas, she saw law enforcement outside of their house Wednesday morning.
A release from the Johnston County Sheriff's Office said Minyard went behind a dryer at the house to get a puppy that was stuck.
The report said she came in contact with a bare spot on the electrical wire leading to the dryer and was electrocuted.
"At first I didn't know what to think. I got cold chills and it was at least in the 70's, 80's today," Miller said.
The Sheriff's Office said her mother took her to the nearby Ravia Town Hall to get help.
Despite the efforts of first responders, she couldn't be revived.
Minyard was taken to Mercy Hospital in Tishomingo where they tried again, but the little girl didn't survive.
The Sheriff's Office said Minyard's death is under investigation by the State Medical Examiner's Office, but all evidence points toward this being a tragic accident.