Asparagus, Strawberry And Quinoa Caprese Salad
Thursday, May 24th 2018, 3:03 pm
By: News On 6
Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of salt and fresh ground pepper
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well mixed. Set aside.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 15 spears asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- 2½ ounces fresh mozzarella pearls, drained (or 2½ ounces mozzarella, cut into small cubes)
- Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- Place the cooked quinoa in a medium salad bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add the asparagus and garlic.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the asparagus is bright green and slightly tender, yet still has a little crunch.
- Add to the quinoa.
- Mix in the strawberries, mozzarella cheese, and the balsamic vinaigrette. Toss to combine.
- Top the salad with chopped fresh basil. Makes 3-4 servings.