Eye Of Round Roast 'Steaks'
Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 12:16 pm
News On 6
- 3- to 4-pound eye of round roast.
- 10 crimini mushrooms.
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Preheat a water bath to 130° for medium rare, or 138° for medium.
- Trim the roast of any sinew and cut into thick steaks. Season each side of the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill or cast-iron pan until very hot. Sear the steaks over very hot heat 1–2 minutes per side and allow to cool.
- Vacuum-seal (or use a zip-top bag) 2 steaks per bag with a handful of mushrooms and a few sprigs of thyme. Add the bags to the water bath and cook for 12 to 48 hours, the longer the better.
- Before serving, again preheat a grill to very hot.
- Remove the steaks from the bag and pat dry. Rub each steak lightly with olive oil and season again with salt and pepper. Sear each side of the steaks on the hot grill for about 2 minutes.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes and then slice and serve.