Oklahoma Joe's Honey Smoked Ham
Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 1:23 pm
By: News On 6
- 1 Oklahoma Joe's bone in smoked ham, or, 1 Oklahoma Joe's mini pit smoked ham.
- 1 jar honey.
- Vegetable oil, for rubbing ham.
- 4 ounces of Joe's Original BBQ Rub.
- Remove ham from packaging and rub the ham thoroughly with the vegetable oil.
- Lightly apply the Original BBQ Rub over the outside of the ham.
- Place ham in roasting pan and glaze with honey over the top of ham.
- Place ham on the smoker with no lid at 300-degrees.
- When the outside of the ham reaches the color you like (dark golden brown) cover the roasting pan with lid and continue cooking.
- Should take around 3 hours to reach 160 internal temperature on the bone in ham, and 2 hours on the mini pit ham - don't go much over 160 or the ham will get dry.
- Let sit for 30 minutes and slice.
NOTE: If you don't have a smoker you can cook the same in your oven.