Thirty different Oklahoma teachers are hoping to get your votes to receive grants from Farmers Insurance.
Throughout the year, ‘Thank America’s Teachers and Farmers Insurance will give away more than $1 million in educational grants to our nation’s teachers, supporting proposals and exciting projects that make a difference,” the Farmers website says.
They say 180 teachers will receive $2,500 grants to fund classroom projects. This year, 29 Oklahoma teachers are in the running for those grants.
- Michelle Mooney – Elk City, OK - Merritt Middle School
- Dwight Justus – Edmond, OK - Cimarron Middle School
- Diana Simpson – Seminole, OK - Betty L. Smith
- Vickie Crossley – Newcastle, OK - Newcastle Middle School
- Stephanie Murray – Norman, OK - Robin Hill Public School
- Denise Griffin – Oklahoma City, OK - Westmoore High School
- Virginia Fogg – Broken Bow, OK - Holly Creek Elementary School
- Lora Greenwood – Owasso, OK - Rejoice Christian School
- Natalie Seay – Ryan, OK - Ryan Public School
- Christina Pickens – Tulsa, OK - Project Acceptance Traice Elementary
- Tosha Powell – Moore, OK - Southmoore High School
- Jon Mize – Tulsa, OK - Jones Elementary
- Chance Scott – Newcastle, OK - Newcastle High School
- Sanida Lipnicevic – Oklahoma City, OK - Hillcrest Elementary School
- Rebecca Loomis – Edmond, OK - Oklahoma Christian Academy
- Shelly Mangion – Chandler, OK - Park Road Elementary
- Krista Clark – Seminole, OK - Seminole High School
- Kristen Dean – Oklahoma City, OK - Central Oak Elementary
- Laura Garner – Del City, OK - Christian Heritage Academy
- Johna Roberts – Del City, OK - Christian Heritage Academy
- Tami Low – Del City, OK - Christian Heritage Academy
- Gina Riley – Seminole, OK - Seminole Middle School
- Scott Gramling – Del City, OK - Christian Heritage Academy
- Elvia Jasso – Oklahoma City, OK - Hillcrest Elementary
- Michelle McCraw – Oklahoma City, OK - Central Oak Elementary
- Albert Williams – Oklahoma City, OK - James L. Capps Middle School
- John Swoboda – Tulsa, OK - East Central High School
- Dana Richardson – Ardmore, OK - Plainview Primary School
- Nicole Pearce – Mustang, OK - Canyon Ridge Intermediate School
In addition to the 180 $2,500 grants, Farmers said it will also award five $100,000 educational grants.
Clinton High School teacher, Sherrie Johnson, is the only Oklahoma teacher in the running for the $100,000 grant.
You can vote for as many proposals as you want, but you can only vote once a day for the same proposal.
Voting ends October 30.
You can learn more about the projects by visiting the Farmers Website here.