Tulsa Home's Roof Damaged By Fire

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 4:43 am
By: News On 6

Firefighters say a Tulsa homeowner woke up to the smell of smoke and the roof on fire early Friday.

District Chief Bob Stern believes an electrical issue in the home's air conditioner-furnace unit caused the home's roof to catch on fire. 

He says they got the call just after 2 a.m. to the home in the 1500 block of South 68th East Avenue.  Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the residence

No injuries were reported.

"The residents were already out in the yard. They woke up to odors from something burning," said District Chief Bob Stern.

He said the fire damaged the roof, but didn't cause a lot of actual damage inside the home.